Love is a bright yellow star amid a myriad of white ones on a clear Winter's night.
Love is a gold-yellow berry left on a small un-named tree at the end of Autumn.
Love is having to get lost before being found.
Love is standing alone at midnight, wishing with all your heart on a clear-skied full monn at eight degrees below zero.
Love is being smart enough to know better, but unable to resist when it happens to you.
Love is never finding the rainbow's end... but searching for it.
Love is the captivating swing and sway of hips that first caught me on a mountain trail.
Love is sitting in the hot tub together on a chilly winters night enjoying a clear sky hoping to make a wish on a falling star.
Love is the different sounds that snow makes underfoot as the temperature drops.
Love is silently looking into your lover's eyes, and knowing.
Love is overcoming foolish self-preservation and having faith in the word "yes"
Ahhhh Love, sweet and magical. Its too bad some are so fearful of it. We should run to love, no matter what the consequences, it will always be worth it !!!
Love is random breakfast in bed.
Love is a sweet, soft-spoken love song in the middle of the night, that only two will ever hear.
Love is cuddling with my kitty and giving him belly rubs.
Love is when my husband makes me pancakes on Sunday morning served on a warmed plate smothered with maple syrup and a side of almond butter.
Love is finding fresh home made pumpkin bread in my lunch basket.
Love is when my honey comes home with fresh flowers.
Love is getting a phone call from one of my daughters just to check in and say hello.
Love is feeling you've been a good friend.
Love is reaching out to someone who just needs a little extra attention.
Love is eating the slightly burnt cookies so he can have the good ones.
Love is standing in the window waving and blowing a good-bye kiss to my husband as he drives off to work in the morning.
Ways we love ourselves:
- Girlz night! Facials, chocolate, and deep conditioning for the hair.
- Taking time to prepare delicious healthy food even when it's just for myself
- I tango dance 4-7 nights per week. It is an amazing physical release, as well as an
emotional release and I go home feeling satisfied and full.
- Lay in bed reading a good book (the Bloody Jack series is HIGHLY recommended!).
- Putz around in the yard until it's too dark to see
- Taking a nice long shower after working out at the gym
- Sitting on the front steps on a clear crisp morning listening to and watching the birds as I let the sun warm my face
- Take a Me Day where I block off the whole day in my day planner just for me. And then I do
whatever I feel like. Go on a date with myself (theatre, a walk, dinner, something like that)
- Treat myself to a facial
- sit around the house - which is nice for a change.
- I like to get a massage now & again but, mainly I try to take at least one bubble bath a month. I will fill up my garden jacuzzi tub with bubbles or a bath fizzie or nice essential oils. Makes me feel special.
- Having a second cup of coffee and taking time to read the newspaper
- Enjoying a dish of my favorite yogurt and fruit as I sit and gather my thoughts in front of the woodstove
- Taking an afternoon nap on a cool rainy day listening to the raindrops tapping on the metal roof as I drift off to sleep